Just as in the time of St. Vincent de Paul, the world of today needs good Church leaders who can make an impact in the society for the Kingdom of God. The leaders need to be equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary if this impact is to happen.
- The Institute provides opportunities for the individual to deepen his/her relationship with God the Father, through Jesus Christ,
in the Holy Spirit by growing in their personal prayer life through various forms; the sacraments, sacred scriptures, personal and communal experiences. Community
- The Institute provides an opportunity for the individuals to live in communion with others through all the blessings and challenges
- To grow in appreciation for the Body of Christ as the communion of faith
- To celebrate one another’s gifts and
- To grow in love and friendship especially through networking
- To understand and appreciate the rich intellectual tradition of the Catholic Faith rooted in Scared Scripture through Church teaching and lived tradition in the faith and especially the Vincentian tradition of love for the poor. This entails asking, seeking, challenging, and engaging in intellectual dialogue to seek the truth.
- Faith formation will serve as a compass for decision-making in all areas of one’s life and the lives of those they serve
- Grow in their understanding and capacity of their God-given gifts for the service of others, the Church and the world by being servant leaders following the example of St. Vincent de Paul.
- To learn stewardship of gifts given to them to promote life and the common good through justice and peace in the society.
- To become committed life-long learners of virtue especially the Vincentian virtues of zeal, humility, meekness, mortification and simplicity