At present, in Kenya, there is no place that offers training for spiritual directors and retreat directors. Given the importance of this ministry to the people of God, it is important that this need is addressed. It is for this reason that Moriarty Institute is establishing this programme to answer to this need.
This programme will deepen individuals’ abilities to serve as spiritual companions and retreat leaders. It provides a special emphasis on being present to people who are discerning to deepen their relationship with God. The programme enriches both individuals seeking initial training in spiritual direction as well as experienced spiritual directors. The participants are our own confreres, diocesan clergy and religious men and women. The duration of the programme is for six months.
The Programme is designed to meet the following needs of the spiritual director:
– Support the continued spiritual growth of each participant
– Establish an integrated framework for spiritual direction
– Explore the meaning of contemplative action in a secularized world
– Discern one’s call to this ministry
– Grow in the art of spiritual direction